Calling all social smokers, regular smokers, ex-smokers, second-hand smokers and friends of smokers!
Leave The Pack Behind (LTPB) is an open-minded, campus-based program about tobacco and smoking – our resources have been researched, created and tested by young adults for young adults.
LTPB provides students with information about:
- tobacco use – including cigarettes, cigarillos, marijuana, hookah smoke, chew, spit and snus
- second and third-hand smoke – info about how to discuss smoking with your roommates
- how to choose and maintain a healthy lifestyle – be active and manage your stress
Whether you smoke a little, a lot, or not at all, LTPB offers:
- ways to deal with people who nag you to quit smoking
– if you do or don’t want to quit
- info about quitting aids – we can give you free Nicorette samples
- the opportunity to talk about smoking in a non-judgemental environment
- ways to make a personal quit plan – if you do decide to quit
- online programs – check out leavethepackbehind.org
- the annual wouldurather… contest – click the contest link above for more info
- carbon monoxide testing – at your clinic or LTPB team on campus
Thinking about quitting? Trying to quit?
LTPB understands that it can be difficult to quit smoking and that there are many ways to quit. We offer research-based resources to help you achieve a smoke-free lifestyle. It’s a personal choice to smoke or quit and when you choose to quit, you plan to do it your way. Leave The Pack Behind gets that.
Here are a few of our resources that may help you quit:
|SMOKE I QUIT booklets are for smokers who do or don’t want to quit. SMOKE is for you if you don’t want to quit – learn how to deal with people who nag you to quit. QUIT will show you how to make a plan to quit, if you want to.|
Do you have a friend that smokes?
|LTPB gets it that it is a personal choice to smoke or quit and when you choose to quit, you plan to do it your way! Check out this resource for accurate, non-judgemental info and options to quit your way…|
|QUITRUNCHILL is a FREE, online program by young adults for young adults – especially those who smoke! It offers accurate info about quitting, running, and managing stress. It is based on the idea that everyone wants to be healthier, whether or not they smoke.|
Remember, LTPB is designed for you and is never pushy, never preachy!
For resources, more info or to talk to a health professional about smoking or tobacco use visit your campus clinic, or the LTPB team on your campus!