Theme of the Month:
"Light and Mild"
Want to find out the truth?
(click on the folder to learn what they’ve been hiding)
Where you can find us:
Booth in SLC
Tons of cool stuff and information!
If you require immediate assistance, contact UW Health Services or the Smokers’ Helpline at 1-877-513-5333 Free. Confidential. One-to-One.
Contestants & Buddies:
‘Let’s Make a Deal!’ Contest
Who Are We?
The Leave The Pack Behind team is made up of your fellow undergraduate and graduate students, some non-smokers and others who have quit. Our team is not here to preach to you about the evils of smoking or otherwise. We aim to provide information about smoking to UW students and engage in dialogue about tobacco related issues.
By providing students with the facts on tobacco and a perspective on tobacco related issues, we hope to help students make informed positive choices. Medical support for smoking cessation is also available from UW Health Services.
Who We Want to Reach
- Smokers who DON’T want to quit
- Smokers who DO want to quit
- Smokers who want to CUT BACK smoking
- Friends who want to help someone quit
What We Offer
- Carbon Monoxide testing
- Peer education
- Educational campaigns on tobacco awareness
- Information on effective smoking cessation strategies
- Survival kits for those trying to stop smoking
- Referrals to health care professionals
- Free stuff for those that visit our booth
- Contests where quitting, cutting back, partying without smoking or not starting smoking can win you cash and other prizes!
“I’ve been smoking for 11 years and it feels so good to finally quit. Smoking became such a burden at one point… This is the only quit smoking program geared towards university students and it’s a great idea.”
– Lisa Y.
“Quit for Good” contest winner
“I think LTPB is a great campaign. Making all these resources available at the SLC along with constant encouragement may give smokers that final nudge to quit…By having someone monitoring my progress through concrete tests (such as CO and cotinine) I felt especially motivated to remain smoke free.”
– Araceli G.
“ Quit for Good” contest winner
Theme of the Month