Who We Are
Despite recent advances and success, tobacco use continues to be the number one preventable public health problem we face today.
LTPB is a provincially funded program that seeks to promote smoking cessation, protect non-smokers, expose industry tactics, and lobby for policy changes. We are NOT ANTI-SMOKING and we WELCOME SMOKERS to share their experiences and their unique point of view.
What We Do
Through effective peer-to-peer programming, the organization has acquired official standing as the best practice for tobacco control in the young adult population.
- We educate students not only on tobacco, but also marijuana, hookah, etc., and we provide help to those who seek it.
- We run communication campaigns involving booths, residence presentations, in-class announcements, and creative impact events.
- We offer several self-help programs and resources for smokers, social smokers, ex-smokers, and non-smokers alike.
- We also provide CO testing and clinical tobacco intervention through medical professionals.
- We also run an extensive contest where smokers and non-smokers can participate in and WIN AWESOME PRIZES. See the Contest section for more details!