Our biggest event of the year! Our annual contest was for ALL students and numerous prizes were included for give-aways, both from on-campus and off-campus institutions. Our 2010 WouldUrather Contest ran from January until March and has ended for this year.
Congratulations to all who participated for quitting smoking, reducing their smoking, breaking the association between smoking and alcohol, and staying smoke free. Congratulations also to the prize-winners from our Contest Wrap Up Party and thanks to everyone who attended!
We would like to extend a thank you to the businesses that donated prizes! Thanks to all those involved for making the contest a success!
If you missed out on the contest and are interested in quitting or reducing your smoking, don’t worry! Leave The Pack Behind is available throughout the school year to provide resources and peer support for your smoking cessation efforts.
You may remember us from a magnet or a ruler with a LTPB logo on it that we may have given you, or from a Carbon Monoxide (CO) test you may have taken, or from the free pizza given out during our Pick Up Your Butts event (you’re welcome) or just the friendly (amazingly good looking) students in green shirts talking to students about smoking. Yes, that’s us. We’re the Leave the Pack Behind team at your campus and we’re here for you.
Every year, our team at St. George is involved with numerous fun-filled, motivational, and valuable activities on campus. Some of these may include:
- Discussing students’ views and concerns regarding smoking every week
- Having booths on campus where we always have free resources to hand out
- Regularly conducting CO tests among students as a reality check just FYI
- Organizing movie nights where all students are invited to watch a film related to our communication campaign
- Holding free-entry contests (look for free food!), presentations, and various other special events